Tuesday, May 24, 2011

and so we wait....

Laying in bed with Mrs. PBS tucked in next to me. Fresh from a little "inducing" session.

Making Love is given new meaning when your expression yields such an amazing result. Still I can't say I don't miss the messy dirty "throw me around and treat me like a slut" sex. I enjoy being close and sharing Love, but I think we both are ready to get back to some of the things we miss. Like Sushi.

Mrs. PBS woke up this morning feeling different... not different enough to not be a crank on the commute this morning... but she definitely looked different. She was glowing. Her skin smooth and shiny, her eyes sparkling like the day we met. She says that the baby moved down last night. This was later confirmed at her OBGYN appt. -1 station and 75% effaced. He's on his way...

The emotions start to flood. The excitement starts to compound. The stress of "are we ready?" hits us harder than it's hit before. Excitement in terror in a single cocktail.

Yet. We still wait, like with everything in pregnancy you wait...

"I'm Pregnant" you wait. 3 months later in the clear, free of doubts.
"Hey Family and Friends, we're pregnant!!" here comes the flood of unwanted unsolicited advice, reading books and blogs, the fear the acceptance... and, you wait.
"Baby shower time!" your home filled with friends and family, gifts piled to your eye balls, open all the boxes, put together the nursery, get it all ready for a baby to move in but... you wait.

Pregnancy in it's self is a test. Of what? You name it. Facing your fears, facing your insecurities, facing everything about yourself you want to improve. Every struggle laid out in front of your for the merry go round of scrutiny... all, while you wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment