Thursday, May 5, 2011

Blogaplegic

It's hard to know where to begin when writing a blog...

I imagined that once I set the whole thing up, ideas would come to me like mullets to a Walmart. They just aren't coming... it could be the massive poo tickle I am experiencing begging me to vacate my office and run to the bathroom for sweet release. But damn it I refuse! Until I have something substantial written down on this first blog entry everyone in this room will suffer the wrath of my stinky wind. (Sorry BriBri)

At the very least I should tell you why I'm here.

I don't know why I'm here... Well maybe I do. I want to be different from my old man ( I don't think i have ever call him "my old man" in my life) I want to be a better father, a better husband, a better man then he thought he could ever be. It's a complicated story that will unravel it's self over the course of this blog, but put simply, My dad was kind of a piece of shit. Misogynistic, racist, selfish... I know I am not like him. I'm not as much worried about that as I was when I was 18.

I thinking growing up the way I did ( single mother barely floating paycheck to paycheck with a transient father) I have a unique experience most of my friends didn't have. Most of them growing up privileged with everything they needed/ wanted always available. A 6 figure house hold income, both parents together, summer vacations... the American Dream?

So As a result I've become the black sheep of my sometimes traditional Persian family. My mother herself an outlier in the Persian community. After all I am 1st Generation trying to rewrite the wrongs of my father. Wish me luck? Pack me a Lunch? It's gonna be a long trip.

Hopefully I'll share some laughs, share some struggles and we'll have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment